Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
As you can see in the picture below, the keyboard gets pretty toasty when the system is under load and this can cause discomfort during use. With a maximum temperature of 116 degrees Fahrenheit, you're not going to want to type for much more than a couple of minutes. With all temperatures above 90 degrees, the whole thing could be used as a space heater. Fortunately, you're usually not stressing the system heavily when typing, so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.
If you're using it while gaming, the system could reach these temperatures, though it's unlikely you'll be playing any seriously demanding games on the integrated HD 3000 graphics. The backside of the laptop also heats up while being stressed, so it's a good idea to use the system while on a table or cooling pad if you're going to be pushing the CPU.
A maximum temperature of 132 degrees Fahrenheit can certainly cause issues with using a laptop directly on your lap. If the machine is too hot it can cause permanent discoloration of the skin. Due to this, I would recommend only using this system on a solid surface.
The reason for this heat is the slimness of the form-factor. Without the luxury of space, everything has to be slimmed down, including the cooling system. This yields smaller, louder fans which have to push more air across a smaller heatsink area. As a result, when this system is pushed, it gets loud. Even sitting at idle typing this, I can hear the fan running.
During normal use, including writing this review, I never experienced heat near what is seen above. The computer is actually an extremely nice system, despite the heat it can produce. Considering most are buying an Ultrabook to be portable so that they can take it to class for taking notes and other lightweight uses, it really is a good fit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ