SuperSSpeed S302 Hyper Gold 240GB SSD
On the outside there isn't much of a difference between the S301 and the S302 other than the small SLC tag on the S302.
There's not much to talk about on the back of the drive since it doesn't have a label. SuperSSpeed does use a metal case that is dense unlike some of the newer cases passing through our lab.
The drive mounting points are where they should be. The S302 is a 9.5mm Z-Height drive, but we expect to see a 7mm drive from SuperSSpeed soon.
SuperSSpeed ships a fairly unique desktop adapter bracket with their drives. The bracket holds two 2.5" SSDs and allows you to mount them in a standard 3.5" bay.
Inside we found a SF-2281 and 16 Intel 25nm NAND flash programmed for synchronous operation.
On this side we see the remaining eight NAND flash chips, but the power regulation circuit is of more interest. For the last few months we've see waves of new drives, but few have used this many surface mount components. There are power capacitors all over the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- System Shock reboot on 'hiatus' after raising $1.35 million
- DOOM-like 3D engine made out of MS excel formulas
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit