The Build and Final Product
Removing the front bezel is pretty easy and there are no wires attached to tie it down to the chassis. On the left you can now see the last of the blue LED 120mm fans in the intake of the chassis. On the right you can see the four ODD bay covers that are spring loaded, as well as the foam insert acting as a dust filter.
I removed the spring once I installed the DVD player so that the door would stay open to show the drive behind the bay cover. With the spring back in place the GS-6070 II looks exactly as it did when we first looked at it.
Everything eventually fit inside the chassis, but that isn't to say there wasn't a struggle. At the top, the fans sit right on top of the motherboard making the screw installation a pain. I could only use one screw in the SSD because it needed to flex up to be able to be powered and I couldn't fit my Radeon HD 7950.
In the back there is nothing out of the ordinary to discuss except for the USB 3.0 cable. I get that the wholes are for water cooling and since they went so small with the diameter, why not make three so I can have water and USB 3.0?
I routed the fan wiring back here along with those from the front I/O panel. Even with the small bundle I have and the Molex connections near it, I had to be sure it was as flat as possible and the Molex plugs still rubbed on the inside of the door panel.
Now that the panels are back on, you really can't see any difference between the first image out of the box and this one which is fully built and ready for the power.
On the front of the GS-6070 II, once powered, there is a healthy glow of blue LED through the lower section of the front as well as the power button now illumination indicating the system does have power.
From this angle you can see the effect of all of the blue LED fans as they flood the interior and anything close to it with the glow of LEDs. The top is illuminated as well, but as much as I tried, the doubled mesh of the steel top of the case and the mesh on the plastic top blocks most of the light that would have otherwise passed through.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new patch adds replayable missions, tweaks loot
- NVIDIA better celebrate 4/20 with GeForce 420.00 drivers
- Like Twin Peaks and X-Files? Check out Remedy's Control
- Why EA is firing 350 employees: it's all about business
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- Fan xpert 4 resets at every restart
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dead Cells New, Free DLC 'Rise of the Giant' Animated Trailer Showcases All New Ways to Die in Dead Cells
- Morel Audio releases Hogtalare Speaker System
- Introducing New Streaming Bundles From BLD by NZXT
- Stylish Turn Based RPG Grimshade out today on Steam
- Othercide Reveals New Gameplay Trailer