At this time the price of the VisionTek Racer 120GB is like a cloud blocking the sun to a solar array. It doesn't matter how big your solar array or how efficient, the sun's rays are not making it to their destination to make the magic happen.
The current price kills this product. That was under VisionTek's old strategy though, but unfortunately the new strategy hasn't blossomed yet. After seeking some advice from an industry insider, VisionTek is working on turning their position around. By the time we review the 240GB and 480GB Racer Series drives, VisionTek should have new pricing and a better understanding of the marketplace.
Pricing aside, the VisionTek Racer 120GB offers a very good balance for mainstream users and even enthusiasts. Power usage and performance, included accessories that can be expanded (for an addition charge), TRIM to reduce maintenance, warranty and price... well, not so much that last one.
The point is, the SSD market is now very refined. Just one, two or even three good points doesn't cut it anymore. Now that we are moving beyond the Wal-Mart Discount Age and into global transactions with razor thin margins, price, much more so than performance, warranty, support or accessory package is the number one topic still discussed as holding back SSD adaption. VisionTek has identified this as being an issue and are actively working on it. Until the Racer comes down in cost, we can't recommend it.
It will publicly support TRIM really soon and we are very happy about that!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard