At this time the price of the VisionTek Racer 120GB is like a cloud blocking the sun to a solar array. It doesn't matter how big your solar array or how efficient, the sun's rays are not making it to their destination to make the magic happen.
The current price kills this product. That was under VisionTek's old strategy though, but unfortunately the new strategy hasn't blossomed yet. After seeking some advice from an industry insider, VisionTek is working on turning their position around. By the time we review the 240GB and 480GB Racer Series drives, VisionTek should have new pricing and a better understanding of the marketplace.
Pricing aside, the VisionTek Racer 120GB offers a very good balance for mainstream users and even enthusiasts. Power usage and performance, included accessories that can be expanded (for an addition charge), TRIM to reduce maintenance, warranty and price... well, not so much that last one.
The point is, the SSD market is now very refined. Just one, two or even three good points doesn't cut it anymore. Now that we are moving beyond the Wal-Mart Discount Age and into global transactions with razor thin margins, price, much more so than performance, warranty, support or accessory package is the number one topic still discussed as holding back SSD adaption. VisionTek has identified this as being an issue and are actively working on it. Until the Racer comes down in cost, we can't recommend it.
It will publicly support TRIM really soon and we are very happy about that!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit