BitFenix Hydra Pro Fan and LED Controller
The front of the Hydra Pro has a sleek and mostly flat design all covered in the black SofTouch coating. Around each of the five controllers there is a raised section to keep you from accidentally hitting the sliders and the LED button is grey to stand out, but yet match enough not to be obtrusive.
Both sides of the Hydra Pro have this tab on it to allow you to install it into any 5.25" bay of a chassis and they supply the screws to do so in one of the three sets of holes.
The wiring connected to the back of the unit gives you 12 inches of the LED ribbon cable to power fan LEDs. The group below that is tied up is the five fan leads that stretch 28 inches and the Molex power lead that is 26 inches in length to give you the best chance at still having a wire managed system with this installed.
I went ahead and removed the cabling to allow for a better view of the power circuitry.
The left side has the five 3-pin fan headers across the top and all of the resistors and caps needed to deliver the power through the controller. Each circuit is labelled with the same numbers, but are denoted with A-E letters to show which resistor, cap or MOSFET goes to which channel.
The right side has the power plug at the top next to the single phase HK 19F power inverters. This can step voltage from three volts at the low end to 12 at the top end of the power delivery. The pins between the pair of yellow chips there are the five channels for the fan LED cables connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Intel's new Graphics Command Center application looks BOSS
- Nintendo lets indie studio make a Zelda game
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced