Checking out the video card you can see the new Vapor-X cooler that we saw on the HD 7970 GHz Edition. It's a great looking cooler and really is quite large as it overhangs out the back and over the top. It has proven itself in the past and we'll see if it can do the same on the new HD 7950 Boost.
Taking a quick look around you can see towards the back we've got an 8-pin PCIe power connector and alongside that we've got a 6-pin PCIe power connector. Closer to the front you can see we've got our two CrossFire connectors and next to that we have the new "EZ OC Boost" function.
Looking at the I/O side of things you can see we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors alongside a HDMI port and a full size DisplayPort connector. You can also see there are some vents to help hot air escape out the back of the case.
The original HD 7950 brought with it a default core clock of 800MHz while the 3GB of GDDR5 was clocked at 5000MHz QDR. Out of the box the new HD 7950 carries a clock of 850MHz while the memory remains unchanged. With the new boost function, though, the clock speed can be increased to 925MHz depending on the amount of load that's being placed on the GPU.
With the "EZ OC Boost" button pressed on this Sapphire video card, the core clock is instantly set to a default speed of 950MHz. Unfortunately we don't know where the clock speeds goes when boost comes into play. Based on the reference clock, one would assume it would move up to a maximum of 1025MHz. We've emailed Sapphire and will update the review as soon as we can confirm. As for the 3GB of GDDR5, Sapphire has chosen to leave that alone at 5000MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada