High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Here we see a little bump in performance at both resolutions which are enough to put the video card ahead of the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition. Like all the other cards here, though, 2560 x 1600 numbers aren't playable.
Looking at the Aliens vs. Predator numbers we can see the new Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X OC with Boost is able to break the 60 FPS barrier at 1920 x 1200. 2560 x 1600 isn't an option, but you can see that the NVIDIA video cards struggle at both resolutions under this benchmark.
Far Cry 2 numbers at both resolutions are strong and you can see the Sapphire video card is able to break the 30 FPS minimum at 2560 x 1600 with no issue. On the other hand the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition isn't able to do this.
Looking at the Metro 2033 AA numbers you can see no change between the HD 7950 video cards at all at both resolutions. These numbers are still enough to be ahead of the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition, but at 1920 x 1200 it falls just below the 60 FPS number we want for a smooth gaming experience.
Finally Just Cause 2 performance shows a nice boost and gives us a lot more breathing room at 1920 x 1200. Compared to the GTX 660 Ti you can see that there is little difference as the GTX 660 Ti Power Edition also falls below 60 FPS at 2560 x 1600.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch's new Nintendo arcade games are too pricey
- GIVEAWAY: ADATA XPG SX950 480GB and SD700X 256GB SSDs
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor