Often we see ASUS boards draw a little more power and you can see that here when compared against the ASRock Z77 Extreme6. Compared to the ASUS Maximus V GENE we can see the number sit fairly close while overclocking as you'd expect increase both the idle and load numbers.
Looking above you can see that the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 does run a little warmer than the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 at stock while compared to the ASUS Maximus IV GENE it runs a little cooler. With no added cooling and the Thermal Armor installed this isn't a huge surprise. Before we finished off, though, we wanted to see what kind of difference the addition of the two included fans made to the overall temperature.
Starting off with the overclocked numbers since that's where our CPU was sitting when we installed the two additional fans we saw no change on the idle front with a minimum again of 37c. On the other hand we saw a 5c drop in load temperature as we came down from 81c to 76c.
When it comes to the stock numbers we saw a 1c drop in idle with that coming in at 34c. As for load we managed to see 3c shaved off with our CPU running at 56c instead of 59c. At idle we'd 100% ignore installing the extra two fans; overclocked on the other hand the decision is a little harder. At 81c we're not worried, we of course won't deny that the 76c number looks better, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard