Often we see ASUS boards draw a little more power and you can see that here when compared against the ASRock Z77 Extreme6. Compared to the ASUS Maximus V GENE we can see the number sit fairly close while overclocking as you'd expect increase both the idle and load numbers.
Looking above you can see that the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 does run a little warmer than the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 at stock while compared to the ASUS Maximus IV GENE it runs a little cooler. With no added cooling and the Thermal Armor installed this isn't a huge surprise. Before we finished off, though, we wanted to see what kind of difference the addition of the two included fans made to the overall temperature.
Starting off with the overclocked numbers since that's where our CPU was sitting when we installed the two additional fans we saw no change on the idle front with a minimum again of 37c. On the other hand we saw a 5c drop in load temperature as we came down from 81c to 76c.
When it comes to the stock numbers we saw a 1c drop in idle with that coming in at 34c. As for load we managed to see 3c shaved off with our CPU running at 56c instead of 59c. At idle we'd 100% ignore installing the extra two fans; overclocked on the other hand the decision is a little harder. At 81c we're not worried, we of course won't deny that the 76c number looks better, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top