Often we see ASUS boards draw a little more power and you can see that here when compared against the ASRock Z77 Extreme6. Compared to the ASUS Maximus V GENE we can see the number sit fairly close while overclocking as you'd expect increase both the idle and load numbers.
Looking above you can see that the ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 does run a little warmer than the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 at stock while compared to the ASUS Maximus IV GENE it runs a little cooler. With no added cooling and the Thermal Armor installed this isn't a huge surprise. Before we finished off, though, we wanted to see what kind of difference the addition of the two included fans made to the overall temperature.
Starting off with the overclocked numbers since that's where our CPU was sitting when we installed the two additional fans we saw no change on the idle front with a minimum again of 37c. On the other hand we saw a 5c drop in load temperature as we came down from 81c to 76c.
When it comes to the stock numbers we saw a 1c drop in idle with that coming in at 34c. As for load we managed to see 3c shaved off with our CPU running at 56c instead of 59c. At idle we'd 100% ignore installing the extra two fans; overclocked on the other hand the decision is a little harder. At 81c we're not worried, we of course won't deny that the 76c number looks better, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PS4 sales hit 88 million, surpass PS3
- Relying solely on eSports is risky for competitors
- Epic Store gives away free games every two weeks
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- ASRock z390 Taichi v1.80 BIOS SSD issues
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- G-Technology GDrive Pro SSD 3.84TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire