BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis
The front of the Prodigy is dead flat with the large white expanse of SofTouch coated plastic offering you a single 5.25" bay with the cover in place now, the black logo at the bottom and the thick black ring around the edge with venting to allow for intake to the chassis.
At the top, between the pair of FyberFlex composite handles, is a large removable mesh panel to allow the chassis to ventilate passively in the configuration in which it is shipped.
Under the front handle is a slide lock that will allow you to remove the mesh panel for access to mounting fans underneath of this.
There isn't a deep well under the mesh, rather just enough room to take care of mounting fans or a radiator to the steel in the middle with the pre-drilled holes in it.
The left side of the chassis offers a large ventilated area with the pattern of small round holes. You will soon see why this is in place, as it allows the video card you select to draw in fresh cool air to keep temperatures down inside of the Prodigy.
Behind the Prodigy you get an idea of the internal layout. There is a 120mm or 140mm fan mounting position above the rear I/O area. To the right is a pair of expansion slots with the PSU being mounted at the bottom if this chassis.
The right side of the chassis is plain white steel; that is until you run into the front I/O panel at the front edge of the panel.
The front I/O offers white power and reset buttons to blend into the chassis. Next to the headphone and microphone jacks are the power and HDD activity LEDS, leaving the pair of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to end the list.
I mentioned that the FyberFlex handles absorb shock delivered to the chassis. They are not only the handles on top, but they are the feet for the chassis as well. On the floor of the chassis there is a removable and washable dust filter for the PSU and six screws for the HDD rack that I will get to later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy]
- Page 6 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit