BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis
The front of the Prodigy is dead flat with the large white expanse of SofTouch coated plastic offering you a single 5.25" bay with the cover in place now, the black logo at the bottom and the thick black ring around the edge with venting to allow for intake to the chassis.
At the top, between the pair of FyberFlex composite handles, is a large removable mesh panel to allow the chassis to ventilate passively in the configuration in which it is shipped.
Under the front handle is a slide lock that will allow you to remove the mesh panel for access to mounting fans underneath of this.
There isn't a deep well under the mesh, rather just enough room to take care of mounting fans or a radiator to the steel in the middle with the pre-drilled holes in it.
The left side of the chassis offers a large ventilated area with the pattern of small round holes. You will soon see why this is in place, as it allows the video card you select to draw in fresh cool air to keep temperatures down inside of the Prodigy.
Behind the Prodigy you get an idea of the internal layout. There is a 120mm or 140mm fan mounting position above the rear I/O area. To the right is a pair of expansion slots with the PSU being mounted at the bottom if this chassis.
The right side of the chassis is plain white steel; that is until you run into the front I/O panel at the front edge of the panel.
The front I/O offers white power and reset buttons to blend into the chassis. Next to the headphone and microphone jacks are the power and HDD activity LEDS, leaving the pair of SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports to end the list.
I mentioned that the FyberFlex handles absorb shock delivered to the chassis. They are not only the handles on top, but they are the feet for the chassis as well. On the floor of the chassis there is a removable and washable dust filter for the PSU and six screws for the HDD rack that I will get to later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy]
- Page 6 [Inside the BitFenix Prodigy Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC