Sharkoon 1337 Gaming Mat
Sharkoon included the 1337 gaming mat for me to try out with the Dark Glider. The mat is plain aside from the Sharkoon name on the left bottom corner and the packaging offers a feel of the mat in the cutout above the image all glowing with green light from behind it.
On the back of the packaging there is a description of who would benefit most using the 1337. It seems this mat should offer effortless gliding with the tight smooth weave of the top cloth. As for the features the 1337 is made from durable materials that provide maximum accuracy. It is backed with rubber so the mat won't slide and in total is only 1.4mm thick.
Here we have the DarkGlider on the 1337 gaming mat for a size perspective. The edges are plainly cut and we all know braided cables can do a number on lifting the top material from the backing. As of yet I haven't had any issues in the time I have had using the mouse and mat.
My personal feelings on this mat are that the surface is very slick and the ceramic and Teflon feet both slid very well on it. The edges held together so far, but the slickness of this mat makes moving the mouse so easy that it did take me some time to adjust as I was overshooting players for a couple of days, until I got the feel of the mat. With the right DPI setting and a fair bit of break in to get used to it, the 1337 gaming mat is everything it claims to be. It is accurate, smooth and seems pretty durable to me, but for my personal overall feel, it's almost too slick and sensitive with the DarkGlider for my needs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series