Matias Tactile Pro 3.0 mechanical Keyboard
With the Tactile Pro 3.0 out of the packaging you notice first just how white this keyboard is. Looking at it a little bit closer you can see that some of the keys have been changed from a PC layout along with a ton of extra signs and symbols covering most of the keys.
The left section of the board containing the 73 keys seen here shows you multimedia keys at the top on the F-keys. There is a notch in the Caps Lock key that will turn green when active, but as far as the board goes, that is the only lighting.
Along with changing the backspace to a delete key, the Windows key and Alt. Key have been names option and command on the Tactile Pro 3.0, hence why this is a Mac oriented keyboard. With a driver available on site, these will revert to PC Windows and ALT functions.
This is just a sample of the extra functionality on each key on the keyboard. To use the "∆" on the J key, you use option and hit J. To use the "Ô" symbol, you hit shift and option, then the J key. The same can be said for all of the other laser etched key caps with symbols on them.
Even on the right side of the keyboard on these 35 keys, there is the delete key doubled from the other half and also a clear button added to the number pad in place of a number lock.
The Tactile Pro 3.0 has a dual layered plastic shell that splits around the middle of the edges of the keyboard. There aren't screws holding this together, but rather a series of ten clips like the one off to the right that will allow you to disassemble the keyboard for serious cleaning.
Matias designed this keyboard with a natural curve to it even if it is sitting flat. On the far left edge, as the plastic steps back from the edge of the keyboard, you find port number one of the USB 2.0 hub incorporated into the Tactile Pro 3.0.
Across the back of the keyboard you have the cable attached right in the center with two of the release clips on either side of it. On the far left side again, there is port number two of the hub.
The right side of the keyboard has that same glass-like appearance the rest of the keyboard gives you the feel of looking at it and off to the right this time is port number three of the high speed USB 2.0 hub system.
The cable is just shy of two meters long and I also like that it was only bent three times to get it into the box. To go along with the clean white look of the keyboard, the cable is braided in a silver mesh that has a plastic coating over it as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit