Specifications, Availability and Pricing
On the outside of the Sensei [RAW] you are given a fully plastic shell where the top component of it have been completely covered in a rubberized coating, while the bottom section of the mouse is clear. The mouse is curved on both sides equally to give this mouse true ambidextrous appeal to left handed users. On both sides there is a pair of buttons. By default the left two are page forward and back, while the pair on the right will scroll up and down. Across the top of the mouse you have a CPI adjustment button for one of two settings, a scroll wheel and an LED to denote which of the two CPI profiles are active. To keep the Sensei [RAW] moving as effortlessly as possible, 16 percent of the bottom surface is taken up with three large PTFE feet.
On the inside of the mouse you have a mixture of Omron switches for the right and left click buttons and the scroll wheel click. As for the side buttons on the mouse, they are backed with TTC switches on a separate PCB. To control the flow of clicks and movement to the PC, the Sensei [RAW] is equipped with a 16-bit MCU that offers full USB 2.0 bandwidth. To read where the mouse is at or moving to, this has the Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor for tracking with up to 5670 CPI and with 30G lateral acceleration, you should be able to move faster than this mouse can read your movements. There is a bit of lighting to the Sensei [RAW] as well, but the unlimited choices have been limited to only white to illuminate the logo on the heel of the mouse, the center of the scroll wheel and with the clear bottom, it will lightly glow with the white LEDs as well.
News just as recently as five days ago is showing that this mouse is just releasing to retailers and via a bit of searching I could only find two listings on the right side of the pond for the Sensei [RAW] at this time. As I mentioned, compared to the original Sensei's pricing of very near $90, the Sensei [RAW] is more economically friendly with an MSRP of $59. For those of you on the other half of the globe, just like with Steam games, the pricing is set to the $1 equals 1€, so the deal is much sweeter for US buyers.
Either way you are getting essentially the same thing as the original without the ARM processor and color choice of LEDs for some $30 cheaper making this a much more inviting option to anyone looking into laser gaming mice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] Laser Gaming Mouse]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit