The first thing that has to be brought up about the Z77 Pro3 is the look of the board. It's not a good looking board when it comes to the color combination; it follows that typical color scheme we're used to seeing when it comes to cheaper motherboards. Avoiding the fancy colors and such, though, are what helps keep the price of this board down so low.
At the $94.99 price point, there's so little that we can complain about when it comes to this board. Sure it lacks in a lot of areas - no mSATA, the second PCIe x16 slot is wired at x4 only, total of six SATA ports, less connectivity options in the I/O department and an overall fairly small bundle.
At the same time a lot of what the board offers is more than enough for people as we've got a single PCIe x16 slot, two USB 3.0, two SATA III ports and Gigabit networking to name just a few of the main features. If you want to get a motherboard for under $100, then you're certainly going to lose some features, the good news is they might be features that you didn't even need in the first place.
Out of the box performance is also very strong and you see it lines up with the more expensive Z77 Extreme6 and while overclocking performance isn't as strong, 4.6GHz out of a motherboard at this price point continues to be very impressive and goes to show the overall quality of what ASRock offers us even when on a budget.
If you're happy to spend more or need some more features ASRock can no doubt help you with that via some of their other models. On the other hand if you're just looking for a solid performing board that comes in at a really strong price point and works extremely well, the Z77 Pro3 and its $94.99 price tag could well be the board that you've been wanting that won't hurt your bank account balance too much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- PUBG's first world tournament: $2 million in prizes and more
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit