The first thing that has to be brought up about the Z77 Pro3 is the look of the board. It's not a good looking board when it comes to the color combination; it follows that typical color scheme we're used to seeing when it comes to cheaper motherboards. Avoiding the fancy colors and such, though, are what helps keep the price of this board down so low.
At the $94.99 price point, there's so little that we can complain about when it comes to this board. Sure it lacks in a lot of areas - no mSATA, the second PCIe x16 slot is wired at x4 only, total of six SATA ports, less connectivity options in the I/O department and an overall fairly small bundle.
At the same time a lot of what the board offers is more than enough for people as we've got a single PCIe x16 slot, two USB 3.0, two SATA III ports and Gigabit networking to name just a few of the main features. If you want to get a motherboard for under $100, then you're certainly going to lose some features, the good news is they might be features that you didn't even need in the first place.
Out of the box performance is also very strong and you see it lines up with the more expensive Z77 Extreme6 and while overclocking performance isn't as strong, 4.6GHz out of a motherboard at this price point continues to be very impressive and goes to show the overall quality of what ASRock offers us even when on a budget.
If you're happy to spend more or need some more features ASRock can no doubt help you with that via some of their other models. On the other hand if you're just looking for a solid performing board that comes in at a really strong price point and works extremely well, the Z77 Pro3 and its $94.99 price tag could well be the board that you've been wanting that won't hurt your bank account balance too much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms