PowerColor have simply followed the reference design from ATI and created a very cost effective card for people who are interested in upgrading to the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Spending the extra $100 US or so on the other brands results in either a better looking card or upgraded cooling - a lot of people this wont bother as extra cooling can come quite cheaply and is a very easy job and as a result makes the PowerColor product a much more cost effective solution for people. While the card doesn't offer all the bells and whistles as far as looks and cooling goes when looking at Hercules or Gigabyte solutions, it's definitely worth noting that the PowerColor came with two full version games were the more expensive Hercules card only offered the one.
Due to its excellent package, price and performance we have given the PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro our editors choice award.
One of the cheapest 9800 Pros on the market
Performs just as well as the more expensive 9800 Pro cards
Minimum cooling options
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit