PowerColor have simply followed the reference design from ATI and created a very cost effective card for people who are interested in upgrading to the latest generation of graphics cards from ATI.
Spending the extra $100 US or so on the other brands results in either a better looking card or upgraded cooling - a lot of people this wont bother as extra cooling can come quite cheaply and is a very easy job and as a result makes the PowerColor product a much more cost effective solution for people. While the card doesn't offer all the bells and whistles as far as looks and cooling goes when looking at Hercules or Gigabyte solutions, it's definitely worth noting that the PowerColor came with two full version games were the more expensive Hercules card only offered the one.
Due to its excellent package, price and performance we have given the PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro our editors choice award.
One of the cheapest 9800 Pros on the market
Performs just as well as the more expensive 9800 Pro cards
Minimum cooling options
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz