Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz "C" (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Motherboard(s): DFI LANPARTY PRO875 (Supplied by DFI)
Memory(s): 4 x 256 Corsair XMS 3500 (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Hard Disk(s): Seagate 80GB 7200RPM " (Supplied by Altech Computers)
Operating System Used: Windows XP Professional
Drivers Used: Catalyst 3.4
Software Used: 3DMark 2001 SE, 3DMark 2003, Code Creatures, Quake 3 and Vulpine GL Mark
3DMark2001 SE is part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments. Build 330 adds support for video cards that have Vertex Shaders but no Pixel Shaders,
First up we see the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro take the lead with the PowerColor following closely behind with a 12 point margin between them. The more expensive Hercules card sits a little bit further down with the 9700 Pro coming last with around 850 points between it and its big brother.
3DMark03 is the latest installment in the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 9 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce FX and ATI Radeon 9800), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
PowerColor takes its first win and we find only 10 points difference between it and the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro then a further 10 points between it and the Hercules Radeon Card.
Code Creatures is a Synthetic benchmark based on Direct X 8 which gives users the chance to see another highly involved benchmark program. Focusing on 2 elements Grass and Water video cards are stressed to the limit resulting in quite low scoring benchmarks. Users get to see a more intensive side of DirectX 8 thanks to the engine behind Code Creatures.
- Water Section
The Radeon 9800 Pros are all neck and neck here with only .2 FPS separating the leader of the back and the Hercules.
- Grass Section
Again we find each 9800 Pro bunched together with the PowerColor taking the lead and the Hercules and Gigabyte neck and neck with 50.1 average FPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM