Specifications, Pricing and Availability
With only two capacity sizes and a higher price, the Max IOPS version of the Vertex 3 was never a wildly popular drive. As the benchmarks will show, the Max IOPS is one of the better SandForce SF-2281 based drives, even by today's standards. The drive managed to take advantage of newer firmware coming from SandForce and with each release the Max IOPS increased performance and reliability.
OCZ hasn't updated their Max IOPS spec sheet in quite a while even though new firmware has increased performance almost across the board. The quoted performance numbers for the 120GB model were looking at today is 550MB/s read and 500MB/s write speeds. We should be able to push past that performance easily today. The Max IOPS was the first SandForce SF-2281 drive to ship with a maximum 4K Random Write spec of 85,000 IOPS. Firmware updates allowed other Team SandForce manufacturers to make the same claims, but we'll let the benchmarks today speak for the performance.
At the time of writing the OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB cost roughly $185 in the US. We used Google's Product Shopping feature to track down the best price online.
The drive receives a standard three year warranty and ships with a desktop adapter bracket, mounting screws, paper manual and a sticker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard