When it comes to OCZ's stable of products the Vertex 4 is the new IOPS monster. When you start searching for balanced performance for desktop use in the lower capacity sizes though, the Vertex 3 Max IOPS still appears to be a better choice.
With high sequential performance, high IOPS that reach peak levels at lower queue depths when compared to most other SandForce based drives and real premium flash, this 120GB drive offers good performance in all categories.
The Vertex 3 Max IOPS is an aging drive, it's actually one of the first SF-2281 drives offered, but its performance is timeless. Still, two very big obstacles are in the way of you buying one. The first is the baseline Vertex 3 which costs quite a bit less and for most desktop users provides nearly the same sequential performance. The second obstacle is Vertex 4 with even more IOPS performance and an even lower price than both Vertex 3 and Max IOPS. Still though, the best mix between sequential and IOPS is the V3 Max IOPS, it's just too bad you have to pay so much more for it.
At the time of writing the Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB was online for roughly $180 shipped in the US. If you're looking to build a high performance RAID array with smaller drives or want higher performance than what your buddies have with their baseline drives, the Max IOPS is still a good choice.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit