Noise Level Results
Just slightly better than average results is where the 38 dB rating I got with 7.5V to these 140mm fans. This isn't bad at all and is only slightly audible from three feet away with my open air test bench.
When these fans spool up with 12V applied to them, they weren't all that bad and read 54 dB on my meter. I really think this could have been lower though as this cooler allows the fans to rattle the fins.
A simple strip or a few pads could bring these levels right down and offer great performance and near silence even abusing the system as I do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Frio Extreme CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TSMC pumps $25 billion into 5nm node, expected in 2020
- TSMC ramps 7nm production: new GPUs, AI, crypto chips coming
- Yawn: Intel Z390 chipset rumored to be rebadged Z370
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1000 rumors: 16GB RAM in a smartphone
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- win 7 with gigbyte mobo/network only getting 10% of bandwidth
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit