As with everything Thermaltake, we again get the black packaging with the red accent stripe that screams Thermaltake product at first glance. There is a large image of the Frio Extreme in the center along with its TDP rating, three features on the left and a look at the fan controller on the right.
The detailed features shown includes the six 6mm heat pipes, the finely polished copper base, the dual tower design, the 140mm fans included, the fan controller, the hardware and even a couple of images of the cooler installed on a motherboard as well as in a chassis.
The back of the packaging has the logo and cooler naming at the top while the bulk of this panel is taken with the specifications chart along with a couple of key features and the features found within that system and the socket compatibility.
In 12 languages, Thermaltake displays the same three features from the back. It mentions the TDP, the fan controller and the universal mounting.
Inside of the box you are greeted by paperwork with the cooler below in a thick surrounding of high density foam. To keep the towers square during transit, the hardware box is shipped between the towers like we have seen before and it seems to work really well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Frio Extreme CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 launch nearly didn't happen
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- Permanent Fix for Beebox Wifi Design Flaws
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower