OCZ Vertex 3 480GB SSD
We've had the pleasure of shooting the Vertex 3 several times and each time the shiny surface on the chrome look sticker is difficult to get an in focus image.
The capacity is listed on the back of the drive and this is where you'll find the serial number and model number.
All of the mounting points are where they should be so you won't have any issue installing this drive in your notebook or desktop with the included bracket. OCZ also fixed the wide case issue quite a while ago so that is no longer an issue either.
The included desktop adapter bracket offsets the drive to the left so your SATA power and data cables line up with your existing 3.5" HDDs. This makes for installing the SATA power cables much easier than when using brackets that place the drive in the middle.
To date we know of two configurations for the 480GB drives based on the SandForce SATA III controller. The first is what we see here, a SF-2281 with sixteen flash chips, eight on each side.
The second configuration we know of uses the SF-2282 controller and 32 flash chips. At this point, we can't really say which is faster because we only have the 16 IC design on hand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit