In The Box
It has become commonplace anymore to open up the box of a new graphics board and see nothing but the card, a driver disk and maybe an installation manual. And while this method does have advantages (such as keeping costs down), it has also become boring.
Leave it to Prolink to reinvent the software package. Not only do you get the normal items you would expect to see, but you also get to wade through eight CD disks as well. What do you get?
Well, lets see...
You get the expected driver disk and also a couple of disks with some demos on them. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it does save you the time of downloading hundreds of megs of data yourself.
On top of that you get three game disks (Codename: Outbreak, Ballistics and Le Mans 24 Hours), WinDVD4 and PowerDirector 2.5. So all in all we have a pretty good package here.
Also you will receive the normal set of cabling that normally comes with a video board of any quality. But there are a couple of things that bear mention:
First off, you can begin your adoration about now. ATI has been known to add this little gem in their board packages and it is great to see one of the nVidia counterparts following suit. In case you haven't seen one of these things before, it is an adaptor that allows you to hook up a second CRT monitor to your system. It does this by converting the DVI port to a standard CRT type, allowing you to hook up dual displays without the need of one of them needing to be a digital type.
The other thing that needs to be brought up is that the board we're looking at handles both video in and video out. You may have heard of this before as VIVO, but it means that we need to have a way to get the signal into the card as well as standard output. This is handled by the above device. It allows for both standard video in as well as S-Video input, and of course, it also handles these same methods as an output source as well.
But enough of the extra goodies, lets get on with the video board itself!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit