While the card is excellent as far as performance is concerned it really is no different from the Gigabyte Radeon 9800 Pro that we tested along side it.
The kind of people who are going to purchase the Hercules card over the others are people who have been buying other Hercules cards over the past few generations of graphics processors and don't mind spending those few extra dollars for a card that looks better then the rest and carries the name of Hercules for their support and so forth.
The difference between the 9700 Pro and 9800 Pro is around 10% - the jump for people with the older generation 9700 Pro will not find it as feasible unless they live a world where money has no object. Overall the Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro is very nice looking but is held back by the extra $69 US you will pay for a few heatsinks which results in a higher overclock, unfortunately it is very minimal and something the user can perform on other video cards with the simple purchase of Tiny BGA heatsinks., a blue LED and colored PCB from a video card which will set you back around $660 US.
Overall a Very Fast video card
Heatsinks on front and back to improve cooling
Nothing out of the ordinary compared to the other 9800 Pro as far as speeds go
High price tag which is out of reach for most
Rating: 8 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit