Inside the DeathTaker and Powering the Mouse
Removing the large feet from the underside of the DeathTaker exposes four Phillip's head screws that once removed allows the mouse to split right open with relative ease. I also like that this is kept simple on the inside for those that may need to clean up a spill on the mouse or of the scroll wheel gets gummed up over time.
On either side of the scroll wheel, Genius uses T-MEC switches for the right and left click buttons and much smaller, brown, round switches for all of the other seven buttons found in the DeathTaker
Google the A9500 on the chip and it does in fact bring you to the Avago ADNS-9500 Sensor we have seen in other mice I have reviewed. Aside for the power management and surface mount LEDs is the memory IC that allows the storage of up to 55 Macros on the mouse.
I put the mouse back together, but since I am showing the insides, I thought it was a great time to show the removable weight system used on the DeathTaker. To remove the cover I lifted the edge nearest to us in the image and the magnet let lose allowing the cover to pop right off exposing the rubber weight tray inside.
I went ahead and installed all six of the weights into the DeathTaker at this time, I figured I can always remove them for testing later.
Things are a bit snugger for the return fit into the mouse, but that to me is a good thing. You don't want 27 grams of weight shifting around on you as you swing the mouse around in any game. Now all we have to do is snap the cover back on and power up the mouse.
On its first powering the lights were red and pulsating in a breathing mode. I had to shut down the test rig for a moment and when it powered back on I was greeted with the white backlighting you can see here. The color at the moment is just one of the options of the sixteen million color choices you can make the GX gaming logo and scroll wheel.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard