Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Going through the specifications chart leaves a lot to the imagination. It tells you there are lights in the scroll wheel and the logo of this mouse; it also alludes to the Macro capability. There is a mention of 4.5g metal weights and that the DeathTaker has nine total buttons. On the inside there is a mention of the 100 - 5700 DPI sensor, but no mention of the Avago brand of sensor. It also states that there are quite a few color options for the DeathTaker, but in all of that description, you have no idea how it's laid out, what is truly included inside or even the material choices for the exterior or the use of PTFE for the feet under the mouse.
In a bit more detail, the DeathTaker is a mix of matte and shiny with the rubberized coating playing against the piano black body of the mouse that holds a grey scorpion on the palm rest. On top of that there is a mix of the black components against the matte silver section that holds the GX Gaming logo which is backlit along with the line running around the center of the scroll wheel.
There is a page forward, page back, an X, a Y, a DPI and a Macro up and a Macro down button along with the right and left click buttons and this makes a total of nine on the DeathTaker. On the inside of the DeathTaker there is an Avago ADNS-9500 laser sensor and the right/left click buttons are backed with T-MEC switches. It even includes onboard memory so that you can store up to 55 macros at a time, right on the mouse and no need to go back to the software unless your programming of the Macro has failed.
What does it cost to get a software package that offers full control of the mouse, the coloration of the LEDs and virtually unlimited Macro options, along with a smaller, more compact professional gaming mouse? Well looking around, that can differ quite a bit. I found listings from the $43 range on up to the $80 range for the DeathTaker. Most of the pricing seems to balance out around the $60 range, so that is what I will base my thought on as it pertains to the pricing and it really isn't all that bad to be honest.
As for availability, I found 16 places that will gladly take my money in a matter of seconds via Google shopping, so I have to say the Genius DeathTaker is an easy mouse to locate. At this point all we have left is to get a real close look at things and put the DeathTaker through its paces and see how a feel about it with about two weeks of use with this product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution