- The Fan
The fan in this HSF combo is a 36-CFM model made by the Dynaeon Company of Taiwan. The fan measures in at 60mm x 60mm x 25mm, and is a bit quieter than the Delta fans that are around. If you have tried the Delta fans and found them to be too loud for your taste, then you might enjoy this model. You can still hear the fan, but it's not that high-pitched whine that is so annoying to some.
Power for the fan is by means of a 4-pin connector. This means that the fan will need to be hooked straight to one of the harness connectors that come from the power supply. I personally prefer this setup since the power from the PSU is more stable than the small 3-pin connections on the motherboard. Granted, you can't monitor the fan speeds through the BIOS, but the performance has always seemed to be stable.
I was a bit disappointed to see that the fan didn't come with a grill attached to it. This is always a pleasant addition that not only protects fingers, but also keeps those wires inside the case from finding their way into the fan and causing all sorts of havoc. Hopefully this will become a standard feature in the future.
- The Heatsink
The heatsink is made of a quality grade aluminum, and measures in at 75mm x 55mm x 35mm. It has 15 fins through the body of the heatsink, and the base has been lapped and polished. It also has a very nice 40mm circle of polished copper that has been inset into the base. The copper helps tremendously when it comes to dissipating the heat produced by the processor. It helps spread it out at a faster rate, and allows the hefty fan to blow away the heat from the sink.
The clipping mechanism on this unit seemed to have it in its heart to defeat me when it came time to attach it to the socket. The swivel head didn't want to cooperate at all, and every time that I tried to insert a screwdriver in the end to exert downward pressure, it slipped off. After three applications of Arctic Silver, I finally managed to get it hooked up.
Enough of the technical stuff...how well does it work?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series