Until now we never got around to checking out AMD's Radeon HD 7850 in CrossFire. It was due to a combination with no paired video cards coming in along with just a huge amount of new product launches. It was something that never seemed to happen - that is until today, though.
With the help of HIS we're finally able to get around to testing this configuration via a pair of HD 7850 IceQ X TurboX 2GB cards. These cards are part of not only the IceQ X series, but also the TurboX series as well which means we're not only dealing with an upgraded cooler, but also a good out of the box overclock as we deal with the TurboX model instead of the standard Turbo model.
With the new HD 7970 GHz Edition and NVIDIA now offering the GTX 670 and GTX 680, it's going to be interesting to see how this mid-range model in CrossFire competes against the big single GPU cards in our tests today. As always, though, there are a few things we need to do before we get into the performance of the CrossFire setup we're dealing with today.
The first thing we're going to do is check out the box and open it up to see just what kind of bundle is on offer from HIS. Once we've done that we'll move onto the cards to see how they look, before we get into the specification side of things to find out just what kind of overclock the TurboX offers. Once we've done we check out our testbed and then get into the performance side of things to see what we're able to get out of this CrossFire setup.
Having a look at the box we can see the two main features are highlighted on the box, which are of course the IceQ X and TurboX naming schemes that lets us know about the upgraded cooler and out of the box overclock.
On the back side we see the a lot more detail explaining the features of the IceQ cooler along with mention that higher quality components are used which include Dynamic Phase Control PWM IC, Full Solid State Capacitors and Solid State Choke.
Moving inside we've got the normal driver CD, manual and HIS sticker present along with another CD which includes the iTurbo overclocking software. If you want to have a closer look at that I recommend that you check out our HIS HD 7870 IceQ 2GB in CrossFire article in which we expanded on the iTurbo software on page two.
Along with that we've also got a CrossFire bridge, DVI to VGA connector and a PCIe bridge that HIS have included recently to help keep the video card stable in your system.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Russia send gunslinging robot to pilot spacecraft into orbit
- Intel CPUs have serious bug: vulnerable to remote attacks
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil: factory overclocked Vega
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ