Looking at power numbers they line up at stock with the other Z77 offerings. If anything the BIOSTAR sits a little lower, which is nice. Overclocked, though, we of course see the numbers increase in both idle and load, but there not at a level we'd be worried about.
At stock our numbers aren't bad with the idle number looking really good and the load sitting between the other Z77 offerings.
Overclocked, though, we see the load number skyrocket to a massive 99c. When we were testing at 4.8GHz, we saw our CPU hit over 105c and that was causing the CPU to slow down. Unfortunately these 90c+ numbers aren't all that uncommon on latest Z77 platform with the current crop of Ivy Bridge processors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mowgli is a dark themed 'The Jungle Book', trailer released
- Razer's new Blade: smallest 15.6-inch gaming laptop ever
- SEGA teases upcoming Sonic Racing game information
- Intel's new Coffee Lake-based 8C/16T chip spotted again
- GeForce GTX 1050 3GB released: 768 CUDA cores, 96-bit bus
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit