In typical fashion we find ourselves extremely impressed with what MSI is offering us with the Power Edition version of the NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670. It's overclocking ability and cooler help separate it from a lot of other video cards that try to stand out these days. One of the cool things, though, about the Power Edition here today is that outside of its overclocking ability, the clocks that MSI offer out of the box are one of the strongest on the market, which we have seen so far.
If you're not interested in doing the overclocking yourself and you just want something that is going to be faster than a reference video card out of the box, this is a really good option thanks to that 1019MHz core that comes out ahead of so many other brands. Combined with the Twin Frozr cooler, you've got yourself a really strong video card.
On the topic of the cooler, as you'd expect, the latest iteration of the Twin Frozr cooler, the Twin Frozr IV, is a strong option. With the latest line up of GPUs running cooler than ever, these high performance cooling options from companies do a fantastic job of keeping our temperatures at reasonable levels, even when more voltage is pumped.
As for pricing, you're going to pay slightly more than the $399.99 price tag we see for a regular GTX 670. Instead you're looking at $429.99 in this case and it's not a price that we have an issue justifying. The quality of the Power Edition model combined with the Twin Frozr cooler means that this is a really well valued product that can easily be justified sitting slightly more expensive than lower clocked offerings.
Like most video cards these days, we see that the weakest area for the MSI GTX 670 Power Edition is the bundle. Also like most companies, these days, though, MSI really let the video card do all the talking and it does a good job of doing that.
If you're looking for a GTX 670 that's going to offer fantastic performance out of the box thanks to a strong overclock this is a fantastic option. If you're looking for one that also is going to offer strong overclocking headroom thanks to it being part of the Power Edition series, this is again a fantastic option for you to consider.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- Samsung's new 34-foot Onyx: portable 4K cinema screens
- New Dragon Age could be mainline sequel
- Halo devs: PC community is very important to us
- Modded Halo Online PC project under fire by Microsoft
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit