I know I've said it before, but I really love MSI video cards as the company offers us such an awesome range that really stands out against the competition. And let's be honest, the video card competition is extremely tough with some fantastic models from a lot of different companies.
Outside of the standard models that we see from MSI, we've got three series that have stood out for some time now. The HAWK series has a focus on making mid-range models from both AMD and NVIDIA strand out while the higher end Lightning series focus on the top single GPU models from both sides.
The Power Edition, though, sits in between those cards and really helps fill out the gaps. Recently we've seen the HD 7770 and HD 7850 get the treatment and we've found ourselves impressed both times. Today, though, it's time for an NVIDIA based model to get that Power Edition treatment in the form of the GEFORCE GTX 670.
As always, though, there are a number of things we've got to do before we get into the performance side of things and the first is to check out the package and bundle of the card. Once we've done that we'll move onto the video card itself to see just what the GTX 670 Power Edition looks like.
From there we'll move into the specification side of things and because we're dealing with a Power Edition card we'll be shifting our focus to the overclocking side of things so here we'll see just what kind of clocks we could get out of the model. Finally we'll quickly look over our testbed before we get into the fun stuff and see just what we can get out of this video card here today.
Looking at the box which opens up we can see a lot of the main features that the Power Edition card brings to the table with Triple Over-Voltage by MSI Afterburner being one of the big ones.
Along with that we've got Military Class III components, an enhanced PWM design and of course the Twin Frozr IV cooler, which is a cooler that we've always been a huge fan off including the previous Twin Frozr iterations.
Inside the package there is not a lot to speak about. We've got the normal line up of paperwork alongside a driver CD. We've also got a DVI to VGA connector and two dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connectors included in the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft delays The Division 2 update 'Title Update 3' to May
- The Division 2 patch 2.1 drops, fixes a bunch of issues
- Naughty Dog has shot final scene of The Last of Us Part II
- An Archer video game should look like this new XIII remaster
- Nintendo Switch may come to $37 billion Chinese market
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!