I know I've said it before, but I really love MSI video cards as the company offers us such an awesome range that really stands out against the competition. And let's be honest, the video card competition is extremely tough with some fantastic models from a lot of different companies.
Outside of the standard models that we see from MSI, we've got three series that have stood out for some time now. The HAWK series has a focus on making mid-range models from both AMD and NVIDIA strand out while the higher end Lightning series focus on the top single GPU models from both sides.
The Power Edition, though, sits in between those cards and really helps fill out the gaps. Recently we've seen the HD 7770 and HD 7850 get the treatment and we've found ourselves impressed both times. Today, though, it's time for an NVIDIA based model to get that Power Edition treatment in the form of the GEFORCE GTX 670.
As always, though, there are a number of things we've got to do before we get into the performance side of things and the first is to check out the package and bundle of the card. Once we've done that we'll move onto the video card itself to see just what the GTX 670 Power Edition looks like.
From there we'll move into the specification side of things and because we're dealing with a Power Edition card we'll be shifting our focus to the overclocking side of things so here we'll see just what kind of clocks we could get out of the model. Finally we'll quickly look over our testbed before we get into the fun stuff and see just what we can get out of this video card here today.
Looking at the box which opens up we can see a lot of the main features that the Power Edition card brings to the table with Triple Over-Voltage by MSI Afterburner being one of the big ones.
Along with that we've got Military Class III components, an enhanced PWM design and of course the Twin Frozr IV cooler, which is a cooler that we've always been a huge fan off including the previous Twin Frozr iterations.
Inside the package there is not a lot to speak about. We've got the normal line up of paperwork alongside a driver CD. We've also got a DVI to VGA connector and two dual Molex to 6-pin PCIe power connectors included in the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix reveals 'Salty Shores' Rocket League content update
- Overwatch two-year anniversary skins and patch notes reveal
- Human Head Studios release Rune: Ragarok gameplay video
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Donkey Kong Adventure unveil
- Hi-Rez Studios fires art contractor for copied Overwatch art
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit