In The Box
When we first heard about the GeForceFX, we didn't realize that there would be a budget line in this new technology. With all the talk concerning DDR-II memory and 1GHz operating speeds, the thought of this coming in a value range just wasn't even a consideration. But the folks at nVidia realized that not everyone could afford this new marvel in graphics performance. As a matter of fact, MOST folks wouldn't be able to afford it. So they created a more reasonably priced graphics chipset that was still based on the newer technologies, but also offered standard memory and features that would keep it in line of what the majority of buyers could afford.
With this in mind, manufacturers jumped aboard the GeForceFX bandwagon and began making graphics cards using all of these new GPUs to keep the public in the loop of the latest and greatest designs being offered.
Prolink has long been manufacturing boards using the nVidia graphics, so it came as no surprise when the FX5200 came into existence. But when you think of a value board, you tend to think that it will be nearly as bare as a white-box item. But this isn't necessarily the case with the Prolink board. As you can see above, we get a good deal more software than we would plan to see in this type of product as well as added cables that will enable you to use the TV-Out features available with this board.
And speaking of the software package, lets take a closer look. You get a driver disk (of course), WinDVD v4, V-Rally 2 Expert Edition and two disks containing some demos from Infogrames. And while the demos are available online, it is nice not to have to spend the time to download them. After all, with these demos going as high as 300+MB in size, there is a definite time element saved here.
Included in the demo pack are UT2003, Monopoly Tycoon, Deadly Dozen 2, Neverwinter Nights and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. And you can expect to see these games in all their 3D glory if you have the system specs to run them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Prolink GeForceFX 5200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Prolink GeForceFX 5200 - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Prolink GeForceFX 5200 - Page 3 [The Card]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor