Western Digital VelociRaptor 1TB
Western Digital ships their review samples in OEM packaging so we don't have the retail package to show today.
The latest VelociRaptor retains the 2.5" form factor for the actual drive. Western Digital has used this method for several years now with this product line. The outside case acts as a heatsink to keep the 10,000 RPM drive cool while at the same time gives the drive a 3.5" form factor.
Western Digital usually releases an enterprise model after the consumer release. The enterprise model does not ship with the extra case. From time to time these show up on Newegg, but if you are not running a computer case with a lot of cooling, you are much better off with the consumer model.
The mounting points on the bottom and sides are where they should be and conform to the 3.5" form factor standards.
The SATA power and data ports are also offset to the left where they should be.
On the side we get a good look at the cooling fins that keep the drive cool.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- Swann NVR-8580 8-Channel 4K Security System Review
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit