Cable selection for the Tauro 700W power supply is rather simplistic. There are the obligatory 20+4 Main and ATX 4+4 connectors. After that there are two cables with two PCI-E connectors each to power a duo of graphics cards.
Two more cables proved a total of eight SATA connectors. Rounding things out is one more cable that provides four Molex connectors and a single FDD connector.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find a very short PCB. If not for the noise generated by smaller fans, it is very apparent that Xigmatek could have gone with a much smaller enclosure and made this much more compact.
A single Taiwanese Teapo capacitor paired with another capacitor from an unknown manufacturer sits on the primary side of the power supply. The only brand identifying marks on the unit are the letters "HM" and was not something we could find a match to. It certainly doesn't give a warm, fuzzy feeling on the inside.
More Teapo capacitors can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Xigmatek uses their own BFS132512H 135mm fan to cool the Tauro 700W power supply. The unit looks suspiciously similar to the RL4Z B1352512HH fan that we found used in the Centauro 1000W power supply and when you consider that the model numbers are also very similar, we suspect it is just a rebranded Globe Fan unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series