Accessories and Documentation
The box we first saw when we opened the top of the packaging has a full assortment of hardware included. Also note that the box isn't all that full, so if the cooler was to get dropped, the hardware isn't going to be slamming into the cooler either.
In one bag you get the universal backplate that sits one way for Intel mounting and rotates 90 degrees to accommodate AMD boards. There is a syringe of thermal paste and a set of four screws for mounting the specific socket brackets to the cooler base.
In another bag comes all of the LGA2011 mounting hardware you will need with the Dark Rock Pro 2. On the left are four screws that secure into the socket. Then surrounding the wrench there are the brackets for this socket with the four nuts to secure the cooler shown on the right.
In the last bag found in the hardware box are the brackets for LGA775/1366 at the left, then the LGA 1155/1156 brackets, leaving the AMD brackets on the right. Above the AMD brackets are the black plastic spacers, while under them are the bolts used for all mounting other than LGA2011.
When you unfold the paper work you find the front will show a brief congratulations and that be quiet is ready for any questions or any support you may need with this cooler. Then it shows an image of the cooler and all the parts included with a checklist at the left to verify what each piece is for the later instructions. This is also a good time to check that you have all the pieces you need to continue.
On the back there are illustrations of the installation process for each socket type to get things started. At the bottom are more specific instructions that show how the backplate should be oriented and which holes to use for each socket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System Setup and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit