ROCCAT Savu Optical Gaming Mouse
Here is the Savu fresh out of the packaging. Even with multiple textures, the colouring matches well across all three sides of this right handed, ergonomic design.
On the left of the mouse, it is textured through the thumb area down into the back to assure a grip on the mouse even on the hottest days of battle. At the front is the Savu name applied in grey and the forward and EasyShift[+] buttons are near the top in easy reach.
Looking at the Savu from the back it has a gentle curve in both directions, with no peeks or ridges as some mice have. Under the center rubberized section of the mouse is the part of the mouse that will illuminate with one of 16.8 million colors.
On the right, the Savu gives you the ROCCAT name carved into the right click button and more of the No-Sweat Grip for this side, too. The rubberized part at the front between them is a rest for your ring finger, not another button.
The front of the Savu has the cloth braded cable centered in the design with the right and left click buttons flanking the precise scroll wheel in the middle.
Under the Savu we see the mouse is supported with two large PTFE feet, one in the front and one in the rear. In the middle you can see the optical sensor surrounded by the product sticker. The Savu is resting on the 1.8mm cable that uses a cloth braid covering and has the ROCCAT shaped USB connection.
The Savu is made of four pieces. The top held in place with four screws, the bottom containing the sensor and hardware and the side pieces the lock the top and bottom together with tabs around their edges.
Under the right and left buttons there are in fact Omron switches used with the Savu.
The main PCB that holds the switches, scroll wheel, Pro-Optic R3 sensor and the power delivery system is a tight fit. The switches that back the forward and EasyShift[+] buttons are actually held in the left side piece rather than being directly mounted to the PCB like the LED color and power delivery system is at the back.
With the Savu back in its original form I plugged it in and allowed for the basic driver to install. Once the Savu powers up, it starts to pulse a rainbow of colors. It just so happens that this purple color in the LEDs looked the best in the images. Remember, there are 16,799,999 other colors as well to pick from in your selection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ROCCAT Savu Optical Gaming Mouse]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD