Inside the ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC
This is the cooler for the Intel Atom D525 CPU that runs at 1.8GHz and the ATI Mobility HD5430 GPU with 512MB of DDR3 memory. I would loved to have been able to pull the cooler off to show you what is going on underneath this, but I would swear the board and cooler are put together and slid into the chassis and a panel then placed on. I couldn't seem to find a way to remove it without bending metal.
Here is a look from the other end of the chassis. You can see there is a lot going on in this tiny space. There is the large chipset cooler, the TV tuner, CMOS battery, media card reader and I/O connectivity all backed into this 40mm thick compartment.
They do back the Intel Atom processor with 4GB of Team Group memory. These 2GB SO-DIMMs are rated at 1333MHz and run at CL9. It's nothing really extreme, but it's enough to get the job done.
As much as I looked I couldn't find information leading to a manufacturer of the 4-in-1 media card reader, but none the less, here is an image of it.
As far as the DVB-T TV tuner included in the kit, the HU393-T leads back to the thumb drive tuner made by MaxMedia. Just in this instance since it is internal, the thumb drive shell has been removed.
I was able to remove the large heat sink over the chipset to expose what is used here. It is in fact the Intel NM10 Express chipset to control the USB, PCI, gigabit LAN, HD audio, PCI Express and SATA ports along with connecting to both the BIOS and the CPU.
As I removed the plastic cover on the top I found the 500GB hard drive sandwiched between layers of foil tape to keep the heat of the drive separated from the rest of the PC, as well as trying to keep it from warming the plastic cover.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 5 [Inside the ARCTIC MC001-BD Entertainment Center PC]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [K481 Wireless Keyboard with Multi-Touch Pad]
- Page 8 [MCR1 IR Media Center Remote Control]
- Page 9 [Audio Relay Wireless Media Extender]
- Page 10 [Audio Relay Accessories]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Battlefield 1's Operation Campaigns are now FREE
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series