Before we get started remember a few things. The wire you'll be working with is solid core and can be difficult to bend the way you want. Take your time, installation isn't a race. Finally, SHUT THE POWER OFF AT THE BREAKER!!! If you are not comfortable with and knowledgeable about electronics, we highly recommend you hire a professional to do this work for you.
Welcome to my kitchen. This is the second outlet in a chain, the first one is a GFCI unit so the Power2U will be protected. In my install the box is much shorter than what the recommended specifications call for, but the additional depth provided by the 1/2 inch drywall and tile make up for the limitation. When installing the Power2U this way you should really wrap around the screws with electrical tape.
We ran into another issue with the installation. The inner box was offset to the right of the opening. To get around this we needed to file back the tile and grout to make the opening a little bigger and a little more uniform.
There is an octopus coming from the wall! In this image you can see that the inner box is offset to the right.
Here we are trying to make it fit before filing the tile back... it just isn't going to fit.
With the opening filed back and the wires secured again we are finally ready to proceed. The included screws for the outlet were a little too short for our installation so we used the old, longer screws from the previous outlet.
Success! We are in and everything is lined up perfectly. If I had one complaint it is the paint on the screws. We didn't exactly use kid gloves, but we didn't use an impact driver either. Here you can see that the white screws scratch easily.
With everything in place and our fingers crossed we flipped the breakers back on.
We are charging!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Newer Tech Power2U]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA