Test Subject and Installation
The victim of the torture I will be trying to deliver to the EK-FC7950[EN] is this video card supplied by HIS, my shiny and new HD7950 IceQ Turbo with a reference PCB design, although this version does have the blue colored PCB.
With this card, both the cooler and the support frame for the card must be removed to allow the EK solution to sit correctly with the card. Since I also have the backplate, the removal of the support frame is of little consequence here.
As per the instructions I cut the 0.5mm thick silicone and applied it to the memory ICs and the PWM area to the right. At this point I am ready to install the block portion of this assembly.
Since I was applying thermal pads, I figured I should go ahead and prep the backplate with the strip to keep the PWM circuitry on top cool as well.
I jumped ahead, added some TIM to the core and went ahead and set the four screws that hold the water block in place until you get to the mounting of the backplate.
This shot is just to show that this is a single slot cooling solution and is why EK also offers a replacement bracket to free up unused slots inside of the chassis.
The EK-FC7950 Backplate is held in place with four screws that have beveled heads to fit down in the countersunk holes for a clean finished look. There is a pair of screws holding the right side to the PCB from underneath making for a very strong sandwich to keep the PCB straight under the weight of this block and backplate combination.
Once installed you can see that some concessions had to be made for clearance reasons, but even so, the cut-away in the block with the acrylic covering the caps and chokes looks kind of cool.
There is one other such place on the block where this was done, right between the pair of stickers on the side of the block.
All that was left was to set up the loop, add the Ekoolant and add some power to the system. I have to say that the UV blue coolant looks really nice against the nickel plating as it passed through the EF-FC7950[EN].
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Sea of Thieves patch 1.0.4, Rares attempt at stability
- Insomniacs Spider-Man leaked screenshots tease two villains
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit