EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant
The Ek-FC7950 black backplate ships in a bubble wrap envelope that gets folded snugly around the plate, taped on the back and the product sticker applied to this side.
The top of the backplate has a circular milled finish with countersunk holes to mount this to the video card and water block. Under the cut out logo, the top also shows "FC7950" etched into the plate.
The underside of the backplate is milled in many directions to allow the tool to level the plate as well as cutting away areas for the PWM at the left end and screw head and resister clearances made in the right end of it.
Since the backplate does passively cool a strip of PWM chips on top of the PCB, EK labels this as a potential hot surface when the video card is under load.
The 1000mL bottles of EK-Ekoolant are a pre-mixed solution for mixing metals in your cooling loop. It also states that this is not to be mixed; you just use it straight out of the bottle, no need to cut it with distilled water or anything.
There are some warnings to this product even though it is highly bio-degradable. So if you get any in your eyes or try to gargle with this, you may want to rinse the area and if a reaction comes of it, seek medical assistance. They almost make it seem like this stuff is evil with all of that.
On a lighter note we see that this fluid is slightly electrically conductive, has a low freezing point, two year shelf life, it's ROHS compliant when made and is mostly bio-degradable. EK also covers that this Ekoolant has anti-corrosive and anti-algae additives and is also UV reactive under a black light.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz