EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block
The block is also protected with a cellophane sleeve to keeps any scratches or oxidation from getting to the block.
On the back, where the flap folds over, there is a tamper-proof sticker assuring you nobody has touched anything to the black after assembly and any possible testing.
I went with this combination because what is the point of a nickel plated block if you can't see it through the clear acrylic top? You can see cut-outs for caps and chokes, the EK logo over the GPU core cooling fins and the stainless steel plate that allows water to flow from the GPU and memory portion of this block over to the PWM section of it.
On the side of the block you will find a pair of tamper-proof stickers showing that the top has not been removed from either section of this block. I will be tampering with these soon.
This is where you can see this is essentially two separate blocks with the steel plate covering the pass-through of the acrylic to each block. The left side will be cooling the PWM and the right side handles the memory and GPU heat loads.
Once I pulled the nine screws and removed the stainless steel plate you can see how the coolant is forced out of the GPU and memory section, through the acrylic and over to the PWM block. The combination of screws and washers work well to keep leaks at bay through this transition.
I also removed the acrylic top off of the GPU section to show you an up close shot of the grooves cut into the copper block that will be doing most of the heat removal on this side of the block. These nineteen slits and the large pass-through holes allow for the high flow nature of the EK-FC7950[EN].
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada