As time progresses older video cards are hard to find new products to test with. So it was about time I gave up on trying to find coolers to fit my aging GeForce GTX 470's and move up to a more relevant GPU to today's offerings and thanks to HIS, I now have an AMD Radeon HD 7950 to abuse to no end with what is now and soon to be available in cooling technology.
As soon as I got wind of the new video card arrival, I went to a few companies to see what was out and about in the cooling world for my card to run with. The first to step up was EK Water Blocks or EKWB. I have had the pleasure of using one of their blocks on a GTX 470 and compared to the Danger Den blocks I run, the EK block seemed heavier, a bit more professionally done and it even cooled the card in question a few degrees cooler. So, I thought why not give them a crack at cooling my HD 7950.
After a few emails back and forth, the deal was struck for me to receive a fair bit of kit from EK that includes the EF-FC7950[EN] full coverage GPU water block. I did ask for the EK-FC7950 Backplate, but then EK wanted me to have a look at the EK-Ekoolant as well and even threw in a t-shirt so that I can take a bit of EK with me anywhere I go. I will say this, so far in my dealings with EK, I have to say they are on top of their game and treated me very well with the back and forth banter in emails and the speed in which this sample was delivered. It really seems there is no messing around with EK, its all business to deliver a top notch product.
Today I am going to be mounting the EK-FC7950[EN], nickel plated copper block with its plexi and stainless steel cover, the EK-FC7950 black backplate and I will be running with the EK-Ekoolant they have provided to my HIS HD 7950 IceQ Turbo video card.
This is going to be a bit lengthy to get through all the parts and components, but I think the results found at the end are well worth the wait while you read up on what EK has to offer those that are using a similar video card.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [EK-FC7950[EN] Full Cover GPU Water Block]
- Page 5 [EK-FC7950 Backplate and EK-Ekoolant]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Test Subject and Installation]
- Page 8 [Thermal and Audio Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Because science: sperm used to deliver cancer drug to tumors
- Battlegrounds replay function tested ahead of v1.0 release
- Samsung's mid-range 2018 phones might feature 18:9 displays
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series