Accessories and Documentation
The hardware shown here includes the fan mounts at the top left with a package of TIM placed below it. The middle bag contains the Intel and AMD hardware for mounting the hardware to the board and the cooler to this hardware. There are shorter screws used for LGA2011 that are in the bag on the right.
Above the thumbscrews and washers we just looked at, you need to install a pair of the cross braces and they are marked for Intel or AMD and that leaves the mounting bar in the middle that holds the cooler to all the hardware.
Before you mount the cooler with the center bar seen here, be sure to place in the inserts, otherwise your nuts that secure this will dig right into the recessed aluminum holes.
The backplate is universal. Flip it one way and you are ready to use it with AM2 and up on the AMD side and if you flip it over you can install it with any Intel since LGA775. Speaking of the Intel mounting, you will notice three holes on each of the tabs; the plate actually will sit crooked for certain socket installations.
The paperwork sent along with the Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition is the User's Manual and the warranty information. The warranty info covers the two year plan, while the manual takes you step by step through the installation for either AMD or Intel processors. There are drawings and good explanations to guide anyone through the install, pretty painlessly I might add.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Xigmatek Dark Knight SD1283 Night Hawk Edition CPU cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada