Looking above you can see our testbed setup which is pretty typical of our Z77 testing. Before we get into the performance side of things, though, we need to quickly head into the BIOS and check out overclocking.
When we went into the BIOS the first thing we did was load the Gamers' OC Profile which sets the multiplier to 48x and bumps the voltages up. To be honest we didn't expect our system to boot since we haven't been able to get our CPU stable at 4.8GHz yet on any other board we'd tested.
While we got into Windows, within 2% of our media encode MediaEspresso crashed. So we headed back into the BIOS and bumped up the voltages a bit across the board. While we got a little further into our encode, MediaEspresso did crash out again.
Instead of moving the voltage up any more we moved our multiplier down to 47x and started to adjust the BCLK. We figured we'd be able to get close to the 4.8GHz mark as our system had no issue getting into Windows and doing a few things.
Having a look above you can see we ended up with a 101.5 BCLK alongside our 47x multiplier which brings us in at 4771MHz or 4.77GHz as reflected in our graphs here today. This is slightly up on our other highest overclock to date so far, 4758MHz which was reached on the MSI Z77A-GD65.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC specs, release date announced
- Co-op platformer Super Chariot coming to the Nintendo Switch
- SEGA launch mystery game reveal countdown website
- Single-player AAA game production costs increase by 10x
- Sony makes sign-ups for PS4 v5.50 firmware beta available
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series