Looking above you can see our testbed setup which is pretty typical of our Z77 testing. Before we get into the performance side of things, though, we need to quickly head into the BIOS and check out overclocking.
When we went into the BIOS the first thing we did was load the Gamers' OC Profile which sets the multiplier to 48x and bumps the voltages up. To be honest we didn't expect our system to boot since we haven't been able to get our CPU stable at 4.8GHz yet on any other board we'd tested.
While we got into Windows, within 2% of our media encode MediaEspresso crashed. So we headed back into the BIOS and bumped up the voltages a bit across the board. While we got a little further into our encode, MediaEspresso did crash out again.
Instead of moving the voltage up any more we moved our multiplier down to 47x and started to adjust the BCLK. We figured we'd be able to get close to the 4.8GHz mark as our system had no issue getting into Windows and doing a few things.
Having a look above you can see we ended up with a 101.5 BCLK alongside our 47x multiplier which brings us in at 4771MHz or 4.77GHz as reflected in our graphs here today. This is slightly up on our other highest overclock to date so far, 4758MHz which was reached on the MSI Z77A-GD65.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 smashes 3 million sales worldwide
- Atari 2600 handheld retro-izes holiday season
- Battlefield V goes GOLD, with DICE prepared for November 19
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam