With more and more people getting interested in multimedia, there has become a growing need for devices that can handle the numerous chores that go along with this new pastime. Maybe it is the growing availability of broadband, maybe it is something else altogether. But whatever the case, there are more folks than ever before wanting to start making .mpg files of their family so that they can either send them to relatives through email or upload them to a personal website.
The Prolink PlayTV USB 2.0 has what it takes to offer the normal user all that is needed and more. You have a large selection of video formats to record in, you can edit the files to remove any dead space or bad footage, and you can even kick up a window on your desktop to watch some TV when you're in the middle of one of those all night work sessions.
As mentioned earlier, though, if you happen to have an older system using the USB 1.1 ports and have no intention of upgrading or using an add-in card, then I would recommend looking elsewhere for your needs. The bottleneck in bandwidth is significant enough that it is very noticeable. But if you happen to have either a mainboard that natively supports the new standard or an add-in PCI card for USB 2.0, then you will find that this little box will easily handle several different tasks to keep you up to speed.
Bottom line...if you've been looking for a means to get TV to the desktop or a way to record different types of media, then look no further than the PlayTV USB 2.0. It has the ability to take anything that can be thrown at it...as long as you have the bandwidth to take advantage of it.
Handles most media types
Excellent picture quality
Marginal results when using USB 1.1 standard
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM