With more and more people getting interested in multimedia, there has become a growing need for devices that can handle the numerous chores that go along with this new pastime. Maybe it is the growing availability of broadband, maybe it is something else altogether. But whatever the case, there are more folks than ever before wanting to start making .mpg files of their family so that they can either send them to relatives through email or upload them to a personal website.
The Prolink PlayTV USB 2.0 has what it takes to offer the normal user all that is needed and more. You have a large selection of video formats to record in, you can edit the files to remove any dead space or bad footage, and you can even kick up a window on your desktop to watch some TV when you're in the middle of one of those all night work sessions.
As mentioned earlier, though, if you happen to have an older system using the USB 1.1 ports and have no intention of upgrading or using an add-in card, then I would recommend looking elsewhere for your needs. The bottleneck in bandwidth is significant enough that it is very noticeable. But if you happen to have either a mainboard that natively supports the new standard or an add-in PCI card for USB 2.0, then you will find that this little box will easily handle several different tasks to keep you up to speed.
Bottom line...if you've been looking for a means to get TV to the desktop or a way to record different types of media, then look no further than the PlayTV USB 2.0. It has the ability to take anything that can be thrown at it...as long as you have the bandwidth to take advantage of it.
Handles most media types
Excellent picture quality
Marginal results when using USB 1.1 standard
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- PlayTV USB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- PlayTV USB - Page 2 [In The Box]
- PlayTV USB - Page 3 [Functionality]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Star Citizen passes huge $200 million crowdfunding milestone
- PS5: 8-core AMD Ryzen CPU, Navi GPU, 4K 60FPS solid and $500
- Apple's new MacBook Pro with Vega GPU out, costs up to $7049
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card