Real World OpenGL
Quake 3 Arena
Quake 3 Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a range of different products.
Quake 3 Arena, old yet still shows gains in technology like no other. Chaintech's faster memory performance shows up here again.
Star Trek Voyager
Star Trek Voyager is a real-world OpenGL benchmark. Based on the Quake 3 Arena engine, this game is a OpenGL master utilising DirectX 8. We also apply the new Opt3D patch to allow for the use of Hardware T&L's use as well as new optimisations for AMD Athlon XP and Pentium 4 SSE2.
Being heavier on the hardware than Quake 3, Star Trek Voyager shows up the performance gain by Chaintech more clearly.
Jedi Knight II
Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast is a newly released OpenGL game that many have been waiting for. It has much improved graphics over its predecessor. It fully supports advanced shaders, as well as very high texture resolutions and effects. There is one demo included in the multi-player section that is good for benchmarking use. In order to enable the benchmarking mode, you have to make a shortcut to the jk2mp.exe program located in the GameData folder of Jedi Knight 2. You have to put the switch "+set sv_cheats1" (no quotes) at the end of the line in the Target Area so that it looks like this: "C:\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" +set sv_cheats 1. The demo file used is jk2ffa.
Again due to heavy reliance on the memory, Chaintech pulls ahead of the rest.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking Results]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System and Multimedia Productivity]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series