BIOS and Overclocking Results
Chaintech offers a very feature-packed BIOS with all the major I875P chipset tweaks, including the PAT system to increase memory performance by skipping four out of six wait states. Overclocking is also supported under the Frequency/Voltage Control menu; from here you can change the system speeds and voltages.
Front Side Bus speed is adjustable from 100MHz up to 255MHz in 1MHz increments. This was slightly disappointing as the clock generator onboard supports up to 350MHz FSB adjustments. A simple BIOS update is defiantly needed to fix this.
PCI and AGP frequencies can be locked to 33/66MHz respectively to allow the PCI and AGP buses to remain stable when pushing the FSB above specifications.
Enabling the Voltage Fine Tune function allows you access to CPU Voltage Regulator, DRAM voltage Regulator and AGP Voltage Regulator. CPU voltage can be changed to +0.1, +0.2 or +0.3 of default. This gives a maximum of 1.8v when using Northwood CPU's. More options for the voltage steps would have been ideal for better stability, but you do have enough juice to hit the high notes.
DRAM voltage steps are identical to the CPU, +0.1, +0.2 and +0.3 of default giving you 2.8v maximum on the DRAM, While this is good, up to +0.5 would have been better to allow higher DRAM frequencies when overclocking.
AGP voltages are of the same token as well, +0.1, +0.2 and +0.3 above normal. This is more than enough for today's AGP as you can lock the frequency, thus eliminating AGP bus overclocking.
In our tests we used an Engineering Sample 800Mhz 3.0Ghz Pentium 4, which is unlocked. We backed the multiplier down to 12x to see what the maximum speed we could get out of the board was. We managed to hit 255MHz FSB easy, thus maxing out the board's highest FSB speeds; Chaintech needs to update the BIOS in order to allow much more versatile FSB settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 5 [BIOS and Overclocking Results]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra 2003]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 7 [Benchmarks - System and Multimedia Productivity]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Synthetic 3D and PC]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 9 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Chaintech 9CJS - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series