VisionTek does a great job making sure that you can use all the juice that this unit provides. Dual ATX 4+4/EPS12V connectors make sure the power supply is capable of supporting dual processors and the dual PCI-E cables make sure that you can power a duo of power hungry GPU's.
Peripherals are taken care of as well with a total of eight SATA connectors, four Molex connectors and one FDD connector. There are also two unused modular connectors on the unit. You could purchase or make additional cables for the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply if you needed more than what is provided out of the box.
VisionTek's 700W Modular power supply features dual 12V rails. While the manual doesn't specify how the rails are split up, it is rather easy to trace things back to the PCB. 12V1 powers the main connector and half of the modular connections. 12V2 handles the rest of the load which is comprised of the fixed ATX 4+4 connector and the other half of the modular connections. Unfortunately, it's impossible to know which connector is which unless you break open the unit.
A Look Inside
VisionTek could have gone with a much smaller enclosure if they wanted to, but would have probably had to change to a smaller fan to cool the unit if they did so.
A single, Chinese-made Asia X capacitor adorns the primary side of the VisionTek 700W Modular power supply.
The same capacitors can be found all around on the secondary side of the PSU.
Cooling for the unit is provided by the BTek A1225M12S 120mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit