The Build and Final Product
The drive bay assembly is sort of an all-in-one for all the drives in the GD08. You can see I added the ODD to the right, but above it is still room for another ODD and even room for a pair of 2.5" drives to be mounted under the top, just to the right of the handle.
The SSD is securely mounted and I found something out right away. You are going to need straight SATA plugs, the ninety degree ones won't work, as it makes the wire run above the limits of the chassis.
Across the middle there is room for six 3.5" drives to go on top of the isolation foam to keep the mechanical drives vibrations out of the chassis. There is even another section to the right that can hold another three 3.5" drives giving this chassis a total of twelve locations for storage drives!
As the build progressed I had to remove the +1 slot and its surrounding cover to allow me to gain access, through cut-outs in the case rail, to get my video card mounted.
Before I take a step back and show the next big step in the build, I thought I would show under the cover next to the pair of 120mm fan on the right. There is no mention in the manual and I didn't see it on SilverStone's website, but I believe this is to run excess wires so that when the drive assembly needs reinstalled, they are out of the way and tidy.
I prepped quite a bit to get to this stage. It does stake a couple of fits to get everything lined up right and being certain I had things like the power to the SATA devices attached to the cage and the SATA leads connected to the motherboard. You can also see I wasn't shy with what I threw into this build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Grandia SST-GD08B HTPC Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Final Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Final Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas - 82% of unit sales on Switch
- Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends - West Switch release
- Samsung should unveil dual-screen, foldable phone NEXT MONTH
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct