The Build and Final Product
The drive bay assembly is sort of an all-in-one for all the drives in the GD08. You can see I added the ODD to the right, but above it is still room for another ODD and even room for a pair of 2.5" drives to be mounted under the top, just to the right of the handle.
The SSD is securely mounted and I found something out right away. You are going to need straight SATA plugs, the ninety degree ones won't work, as it makes the wire run above the limits of the chassis.
Across the middle there is room for six 3.5" drives to go on top of the isolation foam to keep the mechanical drives vibrations out of the chassis. There is even another section to the right that can hold another three 3.5" drives giving this chassis a total of twelve locations for storage drives!
As the build progressed I had to remove the +1 slot and its surrounding cover to allow me to gain access, through cut-outs in the case rail, to get my video card mounted.
Before I take a step back and show the next big step in the build, I thought I would show under the cover next to the pair of 120mm fan on the right. There is no mention in the manual and I didn't see it on SilverStone's website, but I believe this is to run excess wires so that when the drive assembly needs reinstalled, they are out of the way and tidy.
I prepped quite a bit to get to this stage. It does stake a couple of fits to get everything lined up right and being certain I had things like the power to the SATA devices attached to the cage and the SATA leads connected to the motherboard. You can also see I wasn't shy with what I threw into this build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone Grandia SST-GD08B HTPC Chassis]
- Page 5 [Inside the SilverStone SST-GD08B]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [The Build and Final Product]
- Page 8 [The Build and Final Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to use your brain as a controller
- Two new Nintendo Switch models to release around summer 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11: Noob Saibot/Shang Tsung added to roster
- Apple's TV service charges $9.99ea for HBO, Showtime, Starz
- Unlock Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice PC framerate with this mod
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Global web designing
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Numskull Designs proudly reveals: Official Mortal Kombat Klassic merchandise
- Akuto: Showdown - fast-paced arena brawler game with swords and guns
- Creative Destruction and Transformers' Bumblebee Team Up for In-Game Event Arriving March 28
- Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Invites You to Celebrate When it Releases April 10 on PC
- PUBG Mobile Reveals Its 2019 eSports Plans Which Will Feature A Prize Pool of $2.5 million USD