The Build and Final Product
The one hang-up I had with the build was the removal of the front bezel that was until I realize you have to pull two screws from the feet to get the panel off. Now I can remove the panel for the ODD and I notice there are sound proofing and a filter here as well.
With the ODD in place it doesn't really matter how it looks unless you want to run it without the aluminum panel, but why do that when it works so conveniently, as it is and it covers the mess we don't need to see, like the front of this drive.
Inside this mid-tower, even with my new much larger video card, there is still plenty of room to add more to this build. To be honest the build seemed to go by in no time at all and I have to say that is because of how well this chassis is thought out - it just sort of happens in front of your eyes.
The rear of the 550D fills out nicely with the addition of the I/O cover, video card and PSU, that all lined up well and went into place with little effort or forcing.
Now you can see how setting the motherboard deeper into the tray is good for adding space on the other side, there is nothing wrong with it back here. The deeper section to the left takes the natural swag of the cables around the bend and where they need to be.
Just because you can, I figured I would show the chassis with the front panel off, it's almost two cases in one.
Even with all the wiring running in one spot, you can see there is no deflection in the panel as it is again locked closed.
All powered up the 500D looks much the same as it did when we saw it right out of the box. The major change besides the power cord is that the power button is now illuminated and there was an occasional flicker of the white HDD activity light. Both of which aren't all that bright so it makes for a good solution for those who have lighting woes, such as in a bedroom or even as a HTPC solution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media