It is no doubts that ATI based cards have proven to be the best 3D based cards on the market. Less than 6 months ago, supporting ATI products meant falling to the back of the pack. Today ATI has taken over the 3D market, and gained a following, Gigabyte have taken to the ATI cause, Sapphire has emerged coming with new cards and even one of ATI's biggest supporters Leadtek have swapped out to ATI.
Tyan have started the push from the Server/Workstation name it has gained for itself towards a more overclocker friendly image. With 3D card production being sucked up by other motherboard manufacturers, Tyan has chosen a great 3D chip to start their move.
Design wise the card is very similar to 9500 Pro cards on the market, which have proven themselves to be stable and reliable, which the Tyan also achieved. Cooling on the card is better than other 9500 Pro cards due to the memory sinks, which only a couple others have placed on their cards.
Overclocking of the Tachyon was also very impressive. We managed to hit the core to 350MHz and memory was able to hit 620MHz which is the same as the 9700 Pro level which has proven the heatsinks have helped.
Overall the card was amongst the highest quality ATI card we have seen making it a definite choice for the users on the mid budget.
Great Cooling onboard
TV Out standard
Rating: 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 3 [Features]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System and Synthetic]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 5 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Direct3D]
- Tachyon 9500 Pro - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- Battlegrounds beta coming to Xbox One very soon
- COD: WWII recommended GPU for beta: GeForce GTX 1060
- Intel making self-learning CPU, acts like human brain
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM