Since I already tested the EPIC 180 Supercooler I knew already that I was installing the best performing AIO that I have tested, so I knew temperatures were already well under control. With a 140mm fan blowing on my video card and a 180mm blowing up from the floor, the components stay nice and chilly with the full panels back in place.
I was really taken back by the EPIC Audio Engine module. Granted I had to make an adapter to power the unit, but none the less, when I got it running, things sounded amazing. The lines you see on most sites are a bit exaggerated, but I could truly hear the footsteps in games and even for my basic music listening, it seemed brighter and more crisp, with a much fuller bottom end than what my onboard offered me previously. It may have been a bit of a placebo effect, but I swear it was actually louder as well.
Now I can't really say that this case has all the components to make you total up to the asking price, but in reality what is exclusivity worth? I mean with a limited run of only 100 of these to go around, it is highly unlikely that you are going to show up to an event or a buddy is going to show up with some lame claim to already seeing this case. Chances are slim to none that anyone you know is going to have one of these and unless you are reading this or already a Maingear follower, it's unlikely you even know this exists. That also solidifies my point of what drives the point of this case to the $899 price tag that this Limited Edition case is demanding.
There is so much I like about the build. There is the sleek exterior with its low intake to take advantage of cooler air into the Shift. While using a chassis we have all seen, the exterior is exquisite in fit and functional while delivering that sexy brushed aluminum that a lot of us drool over on any case. Put on top of that the feeling of being one of 100 others to actually own this bit of kit, the fact that it comes with top notch AIO water cooling and a kick ass sound tweaking system with the EPIC 180 Supercooler and the EPIC Audio Engine, it's really hard to go wrong with this as a choice when looking into cases of this magnitude.
I know this isn't a case for everyone; it is specifically geared to enthusiasts and elitists that can afford this sort of product. That doesn't mean the average guy can't get in line for one of these Limited Edition Shift chassis, it's just harder to justify.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path to Mnemosyne announced to debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion countdown date
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit